Our Physical therapists treat injuries and illnesses that affect the musculoskeletal system, including tendons, ligaments and soft tissue. We work with our patients to restore normal function, so they can get back to an active lifestyle.
Manual therapy is just one tool in a physical therapist’s kit that allows them to mobilize stiff joints and soft tissue. Our physical therapists have received extensive training in specialized hands-on manual therapy techniques from a wide variety of schools and instructors.
This specialized form of treatment helps in
Manual therapy techniques to:
- Improve tissue extensibility
- Increase range of motion
- Induce relaxation
- Mobilize soft tissue and joints
- Decrease pain
- Reduce soft tissue swelling, inflammation, or restriction
- Enhance health, wellness, and fitness
- Enhance or maintain physical performance
- Prevent or remediate impairment in body functions and structures, activity limitations, or participation restrictions to improve physical function